We Couldn’t Do It Without You:
Theatre is an intensely collaborative art, and you are a critical part of our team. Your belief and support of Capital Stage since 2005 has made our success possible.
Supporting the arts in our community not only supports the artists and staff who make their home here, but also represents a significant contribution to the local economy while enhancing the cultural landscape of our capital region.
Since ticket sales cover only half of the cost of producing each show, we rely on the generosity of donors like you to make it all possible. Any contribution plays an enormous role in our ability to produce bold, entertaining and thought-provoking live theatre in our uniquely intimate setting.
Capital Stage is a non-profit, 501(c)3 charitable organization, making your contribution tax-deductible.
Examples of how your donation can help:
- $50 will pay for costume dry cleaning for one production
- $116 will buy the scripts for one production
- $264 will buy lighting supplies for one production
- $650 will pay for one week’s salary, health and pension for one union actor
- $750 will pay for the stipend for one backstage crew member for one production
- $1500 will pay for printing costs of playbills for one production
- $2200 will cover the costs of costumes for one production
- $2500 will buy building materials and set pieces and furniture for one production
- $5000 will pay for the performance royalties for our holiday production
To express our gratitude, we offer the following benefits:
- Ensemble Level – $100-$249
Listing in all performance programs throughout the season.
- Designer Level – $250-$499
All of the benefits above, plus: An invitation to our Season Announcement Party in April.
- Lead Actor Level – $500-$999
All of the benefits above, plus: An invitation to a designer presentation rehearsal.
- Director Level – $1,000-$2499
All of the benefits above, plus: An invitation to the season kick-off party with Capital Stage staff, artists and board members.
- Producer’s Circle – $2,500-$4,999
All of the benefits above, plus: An invitation to a private cocktail party with Capital Stage staff, artists and board members and free parking for the season.
- Executive Producer – $5,000-$7,499
All of the benefits above, plus: Dinner with Capital Stage’s Artistic Director.
- Founder’s Circle – $7,500 and above
All of the above benefits, plus: Show sponsorship benefits and a profile in a Capital Stage Playbill.
Other Ways To Support
Make A Gift of Stock: Giving stock is easy and quite popular! You don’t even have to sell your stock to make it a gift! Just download this Transfer-Of-Stock-Form and it can be transferred directly to us!
Volunteer: We always need extra help with ushering our performances, and cleaning the theatre. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
Purchase C.G. di Arie’s Wine “Capital Stage”: Wine maker Chaim Gur-Arieh has an incredible program called “Great Wines for Great Causes” in which he has bottled his delicious wines in the name of local organizations. Capital Stage has the honor to be a part of this program. For every bottle of “Capital Stage” that you purchase, Chaim will donte $5 to Capital Stage. Visit their website at cgdiarie.com to purchase!
Estate Planning and Legacy Gifts: Another popular form of support that can have a lasting impact after your lifetime is including a gift in your will or bequest. Contact your estate planner to discuss options for supporting Capital Stage.
To learn more about how to play a role in the growth and development of Capital Stage, please call our admin office at 916-476-3116 today!
To donate call or visit the box office at 916-995-5464, 2215 J Street, or click “Donate Now” below. Donations of any amount are graciously accepted.
Capital Stage Company was founded in July 2005 and is a 501(c)3 California nonprofit, charitable corporation. Your donations are tax-deductible. Capital Stage Tax ID/EIN 20-2799021.